The International Criminal Court (ICC) investigates and, where warranted, tries individual charges with the gravest crimes of concerns to the international community: genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity and crime of aggression. The Court is participating in the global fight to end impunity, and through the international criminal justice, the Court aims to hold those responsible accountable for their crimes and to help prevent the crimes from happening again. You can contribute to this cause by joining the ICC.
The President, the Prosecutor and the Registrar have agreed as a priority to establish a Focal Point for Gender Equality (“Focal Point”) at the International Criminal Court. The purpose of the Focal Point will be, inter alia, to assist the Principals in improving the development of Court-wide gender policies and to assist in addressing gender issues related to conditions of employment at the Court.
The Focal Point would accomplish this through six main functions: (i) monitoring, (ii) advocacy, (iii) individual counselling; (iv) raising awareness; (v) advising on gender parity targets; and (vi) role in recruitment and selection processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Focal Point, the intern will perform the following duties:
- Conduct background research on gender equality, gender parity and gender mainstreaming related issues, assist in the preparation of policy and briefing notes.
- Assist in the preparation and design of knowledge products and advocacy materials, brochures, newsletters, Intranet page content, etc.
- Assist in monitoring, evaluating and reporting on gender equality and gender mainstreaming activities.
- Help to organize events, internal coordination meetings and trainings.
- Update reference database and intranet resources, and perform other administrative tasks as required.
- Collaborate with the HR Section to identify and support gender related improvement projects
- Provide support to the Focal Point, as requested.
Informację pochodzą ze strony: LINK